Based in Shropshire but operating throughout the UK and overseas, DGL Environment Ltd offer bespoke environmental consultancy services in the fields of ecology, tree surveys and arboriculture and international development.
We provide professional assistance to a range of clients across the public, private and charitable sectors, including Local Authorities, major national companies and developers, conservation and heritage bodies, and individual private clients.
UK-wide ecology and Arboricultural consultancy
Our UK-wide work is defined by value for money and a strong client focus that helps to ensure positive outcomes for all our projects, whether on a large or small scale. We have a strong track record in providing specialist input, tailored to suit the specific requirements of each project. More information on our UK work can be found under the ecology and tree surveys and arboriculture pages, but some of our services include:
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal and Extended Phase 1 Habitat Survey
- Bat Survey, Great Crested Newt Survey, and the full range of protected species surveys
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) and input to EIA projects and schemes
- BS5837 Tree Survey, Arboricultural Impact Assessment (AIA) and Arboricultural Method Statements (AMS)
- Tree Safety Surveys and Aerial (climbed) Inspections
- Monitoring, Assessment and Mitigation covering conservation management, species and habitats, trees and woodlands
- Management Plans for conservation sites, wildlife, amenity trees, woodlands and estates
- Farm Conservation Advice
- Ecological Design and Research
- Design, delivery and practical implementation of habitat creation and restoration schemes
Our international expertise focuses on the integration of environmental or nature conservation objectives with sustainable, equitable social and economic development. Practical project experience working in the UK and in developing countries has taught us some invaluable lessons, but with it comes the understanding that with good planning, communication, partnership working and strong practical implementation, win-win scenarios for both people and nature are possible. Nature conservation objectives really can be integrated into the development process, providing benefits for both.
Community Projects and Research Work
We also provide technical input and project support to community-based initiatives with ecological or environmental objectives, both in the UK and overseas. We also design and deliver ecological research projects to inform conservation management, monitor ecological changes or inform environmental policy.
Who We Are
DGL Environment is lead by Dan Gordon-Lee OND BSc(Hons) MSc MCIEEM M.Arbor.A., an interdisciplinary consultant with over 25 years’ professional involvement in the environmental sector. Dan’s experience spans roles in UK public, charitable and private sectors, along with national and international research, technical support and consultancy work.
To find out more about who we are and the ethos behind our work, visit the About Us page.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, or for any enquiries, the Contact Us page provides a number of ways you can reach us for an informal discussion or chat. We look forward to hearing from you.